Friday, April 18, 2008

xxx-HOLiC Kei episode 3

I have episode 3!! It's not subbed yet, but since I know almost everyone's lines by heart, it's not a problem for me. Plus, no subtitles makes for better pictures.

Not a problem with no subtitles, or so I said, but then there's this flashback scene that wasn't in the manga showing Zashiki Warashi bowing and politely asking for Watanuki's eye back... and I have no idea what they're saying aside from that... ;__;

They also added another couple of scenes with the Ame Warashi going to Yuuko's shop. All I have to say about that is... why does she have red hair? Rain maker =/= red hair and brown eyes. I guess they were going for consistency with season 1, but... argh...

ARGH! Your Tachikoma sunk my battleship! (who doesn't love Tachikoma?)

The main reason I was so excited to see this episode is because I was dying to hear Jurogumo's voice. I found myself a little disappointed. I guess I expected it to be more striking or something. It wasn't a bad voice, but I think it could've been better... They should have gotten Yoshiko Sakakibara (Queen Nehelenia, Integra Hellsing) to do her voice... That would have been awesome. I guess they wanted it to be a bit more dainty-sounding... I dunno.

I thought the confrontation between Watanuki and Jurogumo was awesome, what with the fireballs flying and the spider webs whipping about (because fire makes everything better. *__*). I'm a happy fangirl. I think I'll watch it again...

Anyway, if you read Garten's awesome anime blog Memento for summaries and stuff, he takes note of the quality of animation and really goes in-depth with the series he writes about. I found myself agreeing with his observations on the quality and the inconsistent animation of various characters... Read his take on episode 3 for a detailed summary and nice screen shots.

...but I'm more simplistic and easily amused, so I was happy regardless.

And I took a crapload of pictures of Jurogumo... because she's gorgeous.




And some more pictures...







Next week's episode: Yumekai (dream buyer)

No comments: