Saturday, May 3, 2008

Code Geass and Holic and Dubbing and Stuff...

I watched the first season of Code Geass when it came out and I liked it, but I wasn't really into it... Out of sheer curiosity, I watched episodes 1-4 of R2, just to see what the hell was going on...

Then I re-watched season 1...

So yeah, now I'm into it...

It's currently licensed and being dubbed and I hate Lelouch's English voice. He's played by Johnny Yong Bosch and while I don't think his is a bad voice, I really don't think he does Lelouch justice. I think he did great as Vash (Trigun), but I don't think his voice is powerful enough to do Lelouch.

View trailers here.

While I'm on the subject, I don't particularly like Yuuko's English voice either. It's not bad (she did Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist). It's actually pretty good, as far as dubbing goes. I just think they could have found a more mature voice... I dunno. Maybe I'm just picky... That must be it.
Funimation's has done a pretty good job with dubbing, in my opinion. I really liked Fruits Basket's dubbing.

Watanuki's English voice is pretty funny, though... I imagine he's a hard character to do, what with all the outbursts and screaming and swooning, etc... Even funnier, something I had not realized was the fact that Lelouch and Watanuki have the same Japanese seiyuu, Jun Fukuyama. What a coincidence... (or is it? You know what Yuuko says about that...)

View xxx-HOLiC trailers here. The Funimation Holic/Tsubasa site is awesome.

No comments: